Terms and Conditions
The following are additional services for rental of car on monthly basis :
UPON DELIVERY OF CAR, HIRERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT PHOTOCOPY OF VALID DRIVING LICENSE, PASSPORT OR NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD OR MYKAD
Basic Terms and Conditions of Rental
- Daily rental rates quoted are based on the option of Limited and Unlimited Kilometer use. Rates include PAI (Personal Accident Insurance) of maximum 5 persons per vehicle.
- Hirer must have valid driving license and within the age of (between) 23—65 years old.
- Probationary driving license is not accepted.
- C.D.W., or Collision Damage Waiver is an optional coverage that free hirers from financial burden or loss or damage to the vehicle which can be incurred should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident while driving the rented vehicle.
- Magic Green vehicles are covered under “Hire & Drive” insurance policy which provides full coverage for third party property damage up to RM100,000 and unlimited for third party bodily injuries.
- Payment is by credit card. Magic Green accepts Amex, Visa and Master cards.
CDW Coverage: Obtainable at RM15 per day, RM60 per week and RM120 per month. CDW is a coverage that free hirers from financial burden for losses or damage to the vehicle which may be incurred during the period of rental.
Excess Charges: Without obtaining the CDW, hirers are liable to an Excess Charge in the event of losses or damage to the rented vehicle caused by hirer’s negligence. Excess Charges (not exceeding RM2000) are determined by engine capacity and categories of make & model of the car.
C.D.W. , Exclusion or Non Waiver Excess Charges: Under the term and conditions of the rental agreement; the hirers are liable to a Non Waiver Excess Charges (not exceeding RM2000) if :
- Fail to make Police Report within 24 hours from the time of accident. (C.D.W. coverage will only be affected subject to availability of police report)
- Under the terms and conditions of this rental agreement, any claims terms, as “Hit and Run” is not covered under C.D.W.
- C.D.W. coverage is not applicable to damage sustained to the underbody and overhead of the vehicle.
- Missing of car accessories are not protected under C.D.W.
Hirers are reminded that all insurance howsoever is declared null and void if :
- Vehicle are driven on off roads, unsealed or unmade roads or surfaces.
- Abuse or violate the prohibited used or operation of the vehicle or in any other illegal manner.
- Driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or controlled substance or driving recklessly.
- Permit the vehicle to be driven by any unauthorized person without obtaining prior written consent from the hirer’s office.
- Have obtained the car through fraud and misrepresentation.
Under these circumstances mentioned above, hirers are liable for the total cost of repair, loss or compensation to Magic Green or parties involved. Magic Green reserved the right to charge the hirer all expenses including towing and other related cost, which are not covered by the Motor Vehicle Insurance as result of damaged to the car whatsoever.
Personal Accident Insurance: Magic Green Rent-A-Car Sdn. Bhd.; provide a free Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) coverage for hirers using its rental vehicle. The PAI covers medical expenses of RM500 per person for one (1) driver and four (04) passengers per car and RM10,000 upon death or permanent disability sustained during the use of the rented vehicle.
Car Accessories: Car accessories are not included under the insurance (CDW) coverage. Car accessories are specified as; Spare tires, rims, tools & jack, lamps, windscreen, audio set, gear lock, lighter, wiper, switches & control button, mats, rear view mirror and side view mirror, sun block etc. Lost or damage of the above supplementary parts or accessories will be the responsibility of the renter.
Excess Charges : Excess charges will be imposed or applied based on the following situations:
- Collisions not involving third party
- Collisions involving third party and caused by renter’s negligence
- Collision under the term “Hit and Run”
- Vehicle are stolen or lost of vehicle during the period of renting
- Loss or damage of car accessories or any other body part of the vehicle
Excess Charges : is not applicable if collision is caused by third party and Police report is lodged within the period of 24 hours.
Repair: Any necessary repair en-route will be refunded upon presentation of damage or replaced parts and the supplier’s receipt. Repair, exceeding RM50 must be approved by Magic Green office beforehand.
Payment : Mode of payment – Credit Card. Immediate payment upon delivery of car. Magic Green Rent-A-Car Sdn. Bhd., accepts the following credit cards: American Express, Visa and Master card.
Payment using third party credit card is not accepted.
Extension of Rental: The hirer is responsible to inform Magic Green office for any extension of rental hour. This is to enable the renewal of insurance coverage for the period of extension. Failing which the hirer is driving the vehicle without insurance coverage. Extension of rental hours or additional hour is chargeable at 1/6 of daily rate.
Fuel: Fuel is not included in the rates. Each vehicle is supplied with a full tank and shall be returned with the same quantity. Otherwise, refueling will be provided at renter’s expenses.
- All parking or toll fees including traffic offences are the responsibility of the hirer’s.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer’s to settle traffic summon within 30 days from date the notice are issued. Failing which, particulars of hirer’s / driver will be forwarded to the respective authority.
- Hirers are required to purchase V.E.P. (Vehicle Entry Permit) for entry into Singapore. However, the vehicles are strictly prohibited from being driven into Thailand.
- The hirer must be over 23 years of age and holds a valid license. Malaysian Driving License and International Driving Permit are valid in Malaysia. Other foreign driving license is also valid in Malaysia for three (03) months from the day of entry.